Off-page SEO 2017

Off-Page SEO 2017: 6 powerful techniques and trends to follow


Did you know that only 25 percent of SEO is on-page while the other 75 percent is off-page?

In previous post we have discussed about latest On-page SEO factors. This post will focus on Off-page SEO techniques which will be very effective in 2017 and can be implemented to gain high Pagerank position in SERP.

See also: What Is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) And How Does It Work?

What is Off-Page SEO?

It refers to the optimisation actions taken outside the actual website in order to improve its position in search engine result pages. It generates more traffic to your website.

How it is done?

By performing the below:

  • Sharing your websites and blogs on social medias
  • Posting on social bookmarking sites
  • Driving Quality traffic through guest posting
  • Spreading awareness of your sites existence through local listing.
  • Engaging with visual submissions
  • Promoting the site by starting relevant discussion with visitors in the comment section

1. Social Sharing

The best of all off-page SEO technique is social engagement. The content in your webpage may be sufficient and attractive, but what makes your website popular is – people engagement through social media platforms. These social media channels increase the visibility of your websites or blogs among the masses and drives traffic with little effort. Sharing on top social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google etc., promote to build online reputation. This is also known as online reputation management.

2. Bookmarking Submission

Another best platform to promote your website is social bookmarking; only thing to remember is how to use it right without getting spammed. Social bookmarking in popular bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, slashdot, etc., will increase the traffic in your website. If the tags are handled wisely your website can clearly stand out from the crowd.

3. Guest Blogging

Guest blogging is a powerful way to drive traffic to your website. Your primary focus should be to find a site that is relevant to your industry. A site with content focused on your niche will expose your website to the right audience. (Also Guest Blogging has enormous opportunity to generate referral traffic to your website) And most importantly the site or blog (in which you guest post) owner should have an engaged relationship with a vast community and be active on social media; so when people view your website’s mention in these sites, which they already trust, you automatically earn their credibility.

4. Local Listing

Make your website reachable to the local masses by listing your website in local directories such as Google Local, Maps, Justdial, Yelp, Yahoo Local, Yellow Pages, Hotfrog, etc. This makes your presence visible even to those people who don’t know about your existence and helps search engines to fetch your content easily.

5. Visual Submission

Sharing the pictures and videos of your products in popular photos and video sharing sites are getting widely popular. This attracts the audience to view your products, comment, share and write reviews on the same. There are several image, video and infographic submission sites that help you promote your product and drive traffic.  Note that you optimize whatever you submit and provide proper title, description and reference links. Some of the popular sites are:

  • Image submission sites — Flickr, Instagram, Picasa, tumblr, shutterfly etc.
  • Video submission sites – YouTube, Vimeo, Ustream, vine etc.
  • Infographic submission sites – Visual, Reddit, Submitinfographics etc.

6. Q&A and Forum Submission

Creating online discussion board and participating in topic based discussion connects you with your targeted community. Always make a point to reply to people’s queries as early as possible and keep conversations live by providing suggestions and advice. It is well and good to make use of “Do-Follow Forums”.

Using a solid On-page and Off-page Strategy will help you to achieve a good position and excellent traffic for your website. Make sure you try these amazing Off-page techniques to boost your site SEO

Off Page SEO Techniques

Like this Post? Don’t forget to share it!

Share this with your friends


2 thoughts on “Off-Page SEO 2017: 6 powerful techniques and trends to follow

  1. Thanks for sharing your ideas about SEO. I have learned something new from your article. And I will use them on my personal freelancing website.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *