Facebook is one of the most popular and most used social media platforms. With over 2 billion active monthly users, Facebook offers an incredible opportunity for businesses and individuals to make money from their presence on the platform. You can share ideas, chat with friends, learn new things, and utilize the platform how you need to grow. However, in addition to all of the benefits that Facebook offers, you can also monetize your presence on the platform. But how do you monetize a Facebook page? Let’s see
How do you know whether you’re eligible for monetization?
- Go to the Facebook Creator Studio, where you can upload content and track the performance of your videos. The Creator Studio is extremely effective as your YouTube studio.
- On the home page, go to the right-hand column and click ‘Monetization.’ This will take you to a page that will provide you with information about your eligibility for monetization. And you must be at least 18 years old to monetize your Facebook account.
- This page will provide you with details on the policies and guidelines for monetizing your account. Click “Set up Monetization” to continue. You’ll then get a confirmation email from Facebook for creators and start earning through Facebook.
Requirements for Facebook Page Monetization
In-stream ads allow you to include video ads before, during, or after your videos. To secure ads for your Facebook videos for which you will be paid, you must:
- Instead of a personal profile, create a Facebook Page and be the admin of the page.
- Make sure that your videos are up to the standards of the Facebook Partner Monetization Policies, as these are what will be used to decide if your page is suitable for monetization.
- Have at least five active videos that are all more than a minute long. You must also have viewed at least 600,000 minutes in the last 60 days. We had to take a seat after that as well. If you want to monetize Live videos, at least 60,000 minutes must be from Live broadcasts, and three of your minimum five videos must also be from Live sessions.
- Have a minimum of 10,000 followers.
Brand Collabs Manager
You can collaborate with different brands that are relevant to your content, which will assist you in developing a strong identity. To get paid for creating content in collaboration with brands, you must first:
- Have a minimum of 1,000 followers. In the last 60 days, you must have had at least one of the following: 15,000 post interactions, 180,000 minutes watched, or 30,000 one-minute views of three-minute videos.
- For more information, Check out the Partner Monetization and Branded Content Policies on Facebook.
To be eligible for subscriptions on Facebook, you must meet certain criteria. If you have a loyal following, a subscription-based business model is worthwhile. This means they’ll pay a monthly fee in exchange for access to exclusive content, converting your fans into subscribers. If they subscribe on a desktop, you will receive 100% of the subscription fee, less any applicable taxes. If they sign up using an iOS or Android device, you will receive 70% of the fee, with the remaining 30% going to the mobile provider. Check the steps below:
- To qualify for Facebook’s subscription service, you must have a page that meets the following criteria: 10,000 followers or more than 250 return viewers; 50,000 post engagements, or 180,000 minutes watched in the last 60 days.
- A Page should be from an eligible country, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, or India. If you do not live in an eligible country, subscription activation is by request only.
Earn money with Facebook Stars
Facebook Stars is a virtual currency on the Facebook platform that allows viewers to show their appreciation for their favorite content creators by sending Stars. To be eligible for monetization with Facebook Stars, content creators must meet certain criteria, including having at least 100,000 followers and adhering to Facebook’s community standards and terms of service. Each star is worth one cent. Once a creator has earned at least $100, they can withdraw their earnings, and payments are typically processed within 30 days of the withdrawal request. Facebook Stars provide a great opportunity for creators to monetize their content and for viewers to support their favorite creators.
How to monetize Facebook Reels?
Reels are a fantastic way to make money on Facebook. You can monetize Reels as long as you adhere to Facebook’s Partner Monetization and Content Monetization Policies and reside in a nation that accepts in-stream advertisements.
Reels Play on Facebook will reward qualified Facebook creators with a bonus if their Reels receive at least 1000 views over the course of a 30-day period on Facebook. Reels from creators participating in the invite-only programme must adhere to our guidelines for monetizing content, and the content must be the creator’s own to qualify for the bonus.
Instagram creators who qualify will receive payment through The Reels Play on Instagram for Reels views on Facebook and Instagram. Creators will be informed directly in their Professional Dashboard if they qualify for the Instagram Reels Play bonus.
For Facebook Reels, there are three different kinds of advertisements as given below:
- Banner ads: Standard ads that run as a static image at the bottom after the reel has finished.
- Sticker ads: It is also static, and can be placed anywhere on the screen as the reels end.
- Post-loop advertisements: It is a video with duration of four to ten seconds. The reels resume once the advertisement is over.
Make your own video and start making money on Facebook. Because social media is constantly evolving, having a clear idea of how to use it or how to use social media to monetize is critical. So, if you want to learn how to monetize your social media platforms, join our social media marketing course which will help you understand and learn Facebook marketing for monetization.