Here comes a big blow for businesses using Google my business. Because Google is temporarily removing some features from Google My Business as a result of limitations caused by the COVID-19 situation.
“During the unprecedented COVID-19 situation, we are taking steps to protect the health of our team members and reduce the need for people to come into our offices. As a result, there may be some temporary limitations and delays in support as we prioritize critical services” said in Google My business Help center page.
For the time being, these features will be temporarily limited or removed.
Google Reviews & Q&A
1. In Google My business they are not publishing any new reviews, review replies, or new Q&A until further notice.
2. Existing reviews, review replies, and Q&A will still be visible.
3. Presumably, any newly submitted reviews, replies, and questions will eventually be published by Google has the resources to do so.
New Google Listings, Claims, and Verifications
1. The GMB team will also prioritize reviewing new listings, claims, and verifications for critical health-related businesses.
2. Resulting with Google prioritizing critical services, other types of businesses can expect a delay for publication of new listings, claims, and verifications.
Business Information Edits
Google’s prioritization of critical services will also extend to reviewing business information edits.
This includes reviews for:
- Changes to open and closed states
- Special hours
- Temporary closures
- Business descriptions
- Business attributes
If your business does not provide a critical, health-related service then it may be some time before you see any edits go live on your GMB listing.
Google Posts Not Affected
As far as we can tell you, Google is not restricting Google Posts functionality. That means, if you have new updates to share with your customers, you can still use your GMB listing to publish posts.
Since it sounds problematic day by day, we request you to stay safe and take preventive measures to protect your health and your family’s health.