SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer. Installation of ssl certificate to specific domain (https://www.example.com) is little bit hard and technical process. Most Important you should have some basic knowledge in c-panel file systems, Linux operating system and apache server configurations. Ssl Certificate HTTPS Protocol setup cost few dollars to buy.
First of all SSL certificate is mainly used for security reasons. We see many banking sites and money transactions sites have ssl certificates.
why Ssl Certificate and HTTPS Protocol?
- SSL certificate generates https protocol from user to web server
- https encrypts data along the ssl certificate with https access
- SSl identifies target visitors and make confidential data sharing
- 2048-bit key certificates
- Hackers will easily hacks non secure site
- very difficult to hack ssl certified site
- SSL protects man in middle attacks and other hacking attacks
- Most of SSL Domains are very strong and difficult to inject sql queries
SSL as ranking signal
Google announced ssl as important ranking signal for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). SSL increases the site rankings and page rank on google search
In google search 30% of top page ranked results have ssl certified domain name. Google recommends all website owners (Webmasters) to switch http to https protocol. Https over TLS (Transport Layer Security) will add extra value on ranking factors.
Most of the websites are hosted with apache server on linux operating systems/ windows operating systems. Linux servers are powerful and available at cheap cost.
list of Linux servers that support SSL and HTTPS
- Ubuntu linux server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Oracle Linux
- Mageia / Mandriva
- Arch Linux